Hi mommies & daddies!
We as parents always remain worried about the baby’s diet. No doubt we want our baby to be healthy. So it is very important that your baby should eat healthy. I have started sharing such healthy recipes for babies on this blog. So do subscribe my website for such healthy recipes. In this post I am sharing recipe of Veg Upma for babies.
What You will need:
- Sooji/rava: 4-5 tsp
- Mixed vegetables: Peas, small carrot, boiled potato, corn, capsicum etc (Veggies which your love prefer)
- Salt: as per taste
- Ghee: 2-3 tsp
- Mustard seed: ¼ tsp
- Dry roast the rava on a medium flame for a couple of minutes.
- Keep stirring and roasting until you get a nice aroma.
- In a separate pan boil the vegetables with water and add a pinch of salt. Now keep it aside.
- After that heat ghee in a pan and add the mustard seed. Let them splutter.
- Now add the cooked vegetables and mix well.
- Now add the water and let it come to a rolling boil.
- Add the rava little by little continuously stirring in between.
- Make sure that there are no lumps. Add salt at this stage.
- Mix continuously until all the water is absorbed by the rava.
- Close the pan and cook for a few minutes on a low to medium flame.
- Check after a few minutes to see if the upma has left the sides of the pan.
- Add a spoonful of ghee and cover the pan. Turn off the gas.
- Your upama is ready. Serve it to baby with feeding spoon but make sure that it is not hot.
Remember one thing, that add only those veggies that your baby can eat. Like a 10 months won’t be able to chew corns. So add veggies accordingly as well as the vegetables you are adding are cooked properly.