Home made cerelac/ Sathu Maavu powder is one of the best nutritious weight gaining food for your baby. Our market is full of flavored cerelac which is definitely a good option but there is nothing like homemade cerelac. In this post I am sharing recipe of hand made cerelac. No doubt it takes time & efforts to prepare it but definitely worth preparing. It is very healthy for your baby so do try this recipe.
What will you need:
- 1 cup masoor dal
- 1 cup wheat dalia
- ½ cup Saboodana (Sagoo)
- ½ cup Horse gram
- ½ cup corn
- 1.½ cup White rice or Brown Rice
- 1 cup black urad dal
- 1 cup green gram
- 1 cup roasted gram
- 1 cup moong dal
Step by step process:
- First of all you have to soak all the ingredients in water in separate containers for 8 hours or overnight..
- In day time you have dry all of the ingredients. It an easy task in summers.
- Now in a pan roast all the dry ingredients.
- You have to roast the rice till they become puffy.
- You should roast the almonds and cashew nuts till they start giving an aroma.
- Then roast the corn till they are golden brown and crackle.
- Roast the dal and wheat dalia till they are golden brown in color.
- Again roast the sago and grams till they are crispy.
- Once you have roasted all the ingredients. Transfer all the ingredients in a blender and grind them till you see a fine powder.
- Now sieve the flour to ensure it is finer.
- Voila! Home made cerelac is ready for you baby.
How to serve:
Mix 2 tablespoon of powder with water or milk without lumps. Cook the mixture in medium flame for at least 10 minutes. Then allow it too cool down. Now you can serve it your baby 🙂
- You can store this flour in an airtight jar for 4-6 months and use as and when required.