We all are well aware about the goodness of Aloe Vera gel for our skin as well as hair. Earlier I was using Patanjali’s Aloe Vera Gel as I have hip length hair so it was requiring a lot of Aloe Vera tubes per month. So my aunt (Maami) suggested to use Natural Aloe Vera Gel. She taught me this technique to making Aloe Vera gel with the leaf. From few weeks I am doing it & today sharing the process with you guys. Hope you all will like it 🙂
You will need:
- Aloe vera leaf
- A knife
- An air-tight container
Step By Step Process:
- First of all cut an aloe Vera leaf into 4-5 long sections.
- Cut off the ragged edge. Make sure that you get just the edge. Otherwise it will be difficult to get the gel out of leaf.
- Now make a long, lengthwise incision in the middle of the leaf to peel off the skin.
- Then place your knife right under the rind and slide it along the length of the leaf to pull off the skin. Make sure to stay close to the skin to get as much gel as you can.
- Repeat the same for the other half of the skin.
- Now, with a help of a spoon, carefully scoop out the pulp and collect it in a clean bowl.
- Avoid scraping the yellowish part of the pulp, as it contains toxins.
- Now add vitamin- E oil or some essential oil to help preserve the gel for longer period.
- Blend the mixture for 30 seconds in a blender.
- Pour the gel into a clean storage container and refrigerate.
- It will stay fresh in the refrigerator for about a week.
- I generally use it for max 3 days & after that make fresh one 🙂