Clinique is a well known brand which currently includes foundation, blush, contouring agent, highlighter and eye shadow, now started with lip balms. I was drooling over the lip balms & finally bought one in shade Grandest Grape. In this post I will be sharing my review about it 🙂
Price: 1,800 Rs
Qt: 3 gm
How to use it:
– Remove cap to swivel-up balm, and apply to lips.
– No sharpener required.
Packaging: This lip crayon is a 3 gm product, comes in retractable form & doesn’t need to be sharpened, which in turn prevents wastage of the product. The twist up mechanism works perfectly & doesn’t give any chance to complain. The best thing is that the outer color of this chubby stick is exactly of the same color as the shade. Which is definitely a good thing when you have multiple shades of same crayon (brand). The crayon looks huge but at the same time it is compact and will not take up much space in your purse, which for me as a lover of clutches is a huge plus.
My opinion about the product: Grandest Grape is a rich berry plum shade that leans really purple on my lips. Due to the gel texture, lipstick-balm easily glides on the lips, does not strip, but can lie unevenly. For the most striking result, I apply the product in a denser layer, then the balm gives an even smooth coating. During the day, lipstick does not spread over the contour and does not slide into a colored strip, it is very comfortable for lips with it.
Balm really cares for the lips, moisturizes and nourishes them. Despite the light texture, the balm has excellent resistance – up to 5 hours, gradually the shade is absorbed into the lips, and the wet finish leaves. It is washed off by any make-up remover, leaving a light shade of tint.
• The balm has the form factor of a plastic pencil, the color of the case which echoes the shade of lipstick.
• Initially, the stick has a cone-shaped slice, for me it has already turned into a regular stump.
• The balm has a gel texture, very light, but highly pigmented.
• There is no smell as such, it smells like ordinary lipstick without perfumes.
• Beautiful wet finish.
• Product weight 3 g, cost without discounts about 1,800 Rs.
• Made in Canada.
• My hue – 08 Grandest Grape – rich berry plum shade, very juicy and attracting attention.
ZZM Rating: 4.8/5
The only drawback is price, no need to say it is on higher side.