The moment you enter in the 9th month of your pregnancy, you start counting days. When I entered in 37 weeks of my pregnancy, I was excited as well as nervous for the big day of my life. My baby decided to arrive a bit early in this world and no female member (Mom, MIL, Sister etc) was there to help. Fortunately, I did a lot of things in advance which helped in avoiding any last-minute hassle. After baby’s birth, you will become so busy that couples of months will disappear in seconds. So I decided to share few things you should do before your baby arrives in your world.
1. Get a full Spa or parlor pampering: Visit a Spa or Parlour & get your facial, pedicure, threading, waxing etc done. Believe me, after your baby’s birth you won’t able to visit this place that frequently in which you used to visit earlier.
2. Dinner or Movie Date: Now this is the thing which you gonna miss a lot after baby’s birth. I may be sounding harsh but with a baby or toddler going on a dinner date is like a dream. We used to watch a lot of movies but after Aarav birth, we saw a movie (Tiger Zinda Hai 😉 ) when he turned 20 months old.
3. Go for a maternity shoot or babymoon: I always wanted to go for maternity shoot but unfortunately, it never happened. In India, maternity shoot & babymoon are still not acceptable (except in Metro cities). We were planning a photoshoot & babymoon but in the 4th month of my pregnancy, we came to know about my short cervix so we dropped idea there only. I would recommend all to go for it. Both are the amazing way for cherishing most beautiful phase of your life.
4. Join parenting communities or groups: I am part of many parenting groups on Facebook. These groups are a wonderful platform for getting help from experienced moms.
5. Hire a helper: In initial few months of motherhood, you will hardly get any time for daily household chores. So it’s always good to higher a helper if you have no one to help. I stayed at my parent’s place for 6 months so never needed a helper as I need to do any other work (expect handling baby). But when I came back to Gurgaon I arranged one helper & she is the one who made my life so easy.
6. Clean up carpets or blankets well: A newborn baby is damn sensitive to dust and wool. So before welcoming him/her home make sure carpets or blankets should be cleaned up well.
7. Find a good Paediatrician: Finding a good Paediatrician is very important thing otherwise you will end up putting your self in trouble. Try to pick a Paediatrician near to your place which can be reached Asap in case of emergency.
8. Organise baby’s cupboard: You have to keep baby’s clothes as per requirement. I have mentioned different sections in my baby cupboard to keep his clothes, diapers, grooming kit, wipes etc.
9. Pack your hospital bag: This is the most important thing, especially your baby decides to come in your bit early. When I reached hospital (late night) no female member was there. Thank god! I prepared my bag and it helped otherwise my hubby would have to go shopping (he he) at that time. I have already done a post on “What to pack in a hospital bag for labor and delivery”, you can click here to read.
10. Prepare a baby necessity kit: You need to prepare baby necessity kit which should include lotion, shampoo, body wash, diaper rash cream, facial cream, cotton etc.