No woman’s wardrobe is complete without a saree because they are more than just a drape, they are pure elegance. For decades, sarees have been a crucial part of women’s wear because they define their persona. The different types of sarees available these days make it tough to choose from just a few. But if you’re looking for something festive, silk sarees are the right choice.
From weddings to festivities, silk sarees can stand out from their counterparts. They are timeless and classic, which makes them winners. If you think there’s just one type of silk saree, you need to take a fashion check because you’ll be surprised at the vast variety of sarees in the market.
We put forth before you a couple of silk sarees that you can invest in and give your style a desi transformation.
1. Banarasi silk saree: This is the most cliched type of silk saree that women choose to wear during weddings. Their fine weave gives them a heavier and rich look, making them a staple traditional wear. Embellished with zari work and patterns woven out of gold and silver thread, this saree is a must-have for festive occasions.
2. Baluchari silk saree: This beautiful silk saree is no less than a masterpiece and have been worn by women for ages. If you’re into mythology, this saree is a must-wear because of the exquisite mythology-inspired designs printed on it. Some of these sarees are so culturally rich that you can see scenes depicted from the Ramayan and Mahabharat printed on them.
3. Kanjivaram silk saree: This coveted silk saree makes up for every South Indian bride’s trousseau. But even if you’re not a bride, you can wear this traditional silk number on festive occasions. From plain gold borders to temple printed borders, you can turn up in this exclusive silk saree for weddings.
4. Gadwal silk saree: This popular silk saree can set itself apart from the rest because of its distinguished features such as a single colour on the pallu, body and the border. The motifs of these sarees are usually inspired by architecture or are nature-driven such as floral prints.
5. Patola silk saree: This silk saree is among the most popular sarees of all time and can be seen in the wardrobe of almost every Gujarati woman. For a royal look at festivities, especially during the weddings, you can pull off this exclusive drape which mostly features animal-inspired prints such as the elephants as a mark of their royalty.
6. Banglori silk saree: This silk saree is known for its elegant appeal. These sarees are usually dark hued but these days they are available in many colours. The golden zari pallu is the most distinctive feature that sets this silk number apart from the rest of its counterparts.
If you are aspiring to be a desi diva, try out these varieties of silk sarees that will transform your entire look. Any traditional festivity can be marked by any of these silk drapes, which will give your desi style a modern touch.