Aloe Vera gel is a must have thing in my vanity. I love keeping it in refrigerator and use it for multi-purpose. During my pregnancy I have applied it (cold one) on my feet for relive in numbness. This time I gave try to MamaEarth Aloe Turmeric Gel. In this post I will be reviewing it 🙂
About the product: 100% Pure Aloe Vera derived from aloe plant deeply hydrates skin & hair. It soothes sun burnt skin, calms rashes, heals wounds, and reduces irritation. Naturally rich in vitamins, it slows down ageing and reduces breakouts. It also helps fight dandruff and itch, and moisturises hair from root to tip to reduce frizz. Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant that nourishes skin, fights ageing & breakouts, has powerful antibacterial action, and promotes overall health of skin & scalp. Vitamin E nourishes & protects skin & hair. Slather this gel from head to toe to moisturise skin & hair, to soothe sun burnt or shaved skin, and to soften dry or frizzy hair.
Price: 249 Rs
Qt: 150 ml
How to use it:
- Step 1 : Massage gel on scalp, and leave overnight before shampooing off next morning, to reduce frizz.
- Step 2 : Apply on the scalp regularly to boost hair growth, and reduce dandruff.
- Step 3 : Mix equal amount of gel & water to prepare your own hair & face mist.
- Step 1 : Apply liberally over sun burnt / tanned skin, and leave overnight for a soothing effect.
- Step 2 : Apply on face & neck after shaving to soothe the skin.
- Step 3 : Apply on sun burnt or shaved skin, to soothe and heal.
- Step 4 : Mix a spoonful of gel with orange peel powder to make a homemade body scrub.
Packaging: This gel comes in a big plastic matte tube with a flip cap to
My opinion about the product: So far I have used a number of aloe vera gels from different brands, but this one is my recent favorite. It does not have paraben, silicone, mineral oil and other harsh chemicals. Apart from that you can also use it for both skin and hair. The main ingredients of this gel is Turmeric & Aloe vera and is yellowish in color. But once you take the gel on your there is hardly any hint of green & it looks transparent 🙂
It has a consistency similar to Patanjali Aloe vera gel & fragrance is just amazing. The Patanjali gel has a very strong fragrance but this one has artificial fragrance or smell. On application this gel initially feels sticky but later on it settles down in skin. It gets absorbed instantly into the skin without leaving any sticky or greasy feeling. As I mentioned cold aloe vera gel soothes any kind of irritation (itching, swelling, numbness) in feet. Relaxes if you have skin irritation due to Sun exposure. It will also work as soother post threading and waxing. I really found this product a decent one but the price is on higher side. I mean you can get Patanjali gel in 90 Rs.
If you can bear a strong fragrance then definitely you should go for Patanjali Aloe Vera gel but in case you have sensitive nose then MamaEarth Aloe Turmeric is decent option.
What I like about this product….
- Has Turmeric, Glycerin, Aloe Vera, Vitamin E to nourish your skin.
- Lightweight gel suitable for all skin types.
- A great soother.
- Can be used as a moisturizer.
- Does not clog my pores.
- Has a mild fragrance.
- Gets absorbed easily.
- Paraben free.
- No added colors.
What I do not like about this product…..
- Not available in local store.
- A bit pricey.
ZZM Rating: ♥♥ 4/5 ♥♥