Recently Lakme has launched their range of lip crayons which includes total 10 shades 😍. I picked two shades i.e Blushing Pink &Cinnamon for myself. These lip crayons remin me of my school days when we used to do coloring with crayons. Ah! I was so bad in drawing 🙈 . He he.. These crayons are super affordable & available at the rate of Rs 185.
Online availability: www.nykaa.com
Shelf life: 2 years
Direction for use:
* Worked from the center towards the outer edges of your lip, following the contours of your mouth.
* Glide the product across the entire bottom lip.
* This step is optional but you could use a tissue to blot out the extra product.
Packaging: These crayons exactly look like crayons we all have used in our school days but with a cap. A dual sided sharpener also comes with each crayon so now I have total two sharpeners “YaY” 🙌. You can easily sharpen your crayon whenever the tip gets blunt.
1. Cinnamon Brown (Shade no.09): It is a nude brown shade with a touch of mauve in it.
2. Blushing Pink (Shade no. 10): It is a pink shade which looks more like a light orange one.
My opinion about this product: These crayons have a texture in-between creamy & waxy which gives a semi matte finish i.e neither creamy nor the drying matte. They have comme ci, comme ça ca (so so or not really good nor bad) pigmentation and multiple swipes are required to get the desired shade. Each crayon is light weight on lips and applies smoothing without tugging or pulling. On my lips staying power of these crayons is a bit low i.e for maximum 2 or 3 hours. These lip crayons do not have ability to survive meals. However they can survive snacks or beverages like tea or coffee and fades away evenly.
Color pay off & staying power of these crayons are similar to Elle-18 Matte range; then the point is that Elle-18 providing it for Rs.100 only. However if you are a lakme fan then you will definitely like these crayons (Ahem! Ahem! Keeping money in mind) especially college goers who will find these crayons budget friendly. Now again I started missing my college days when I always remain in hunt of budget friendly products.
1. Affordable price.
2. Pretty color-coded packaging.
3. Glides smoothly.
4. Doesn’t settle into fine lines.
5. Range of beautiful shades for all skin tones.
What I do not like about this product….
1. Low staying power.
2. Difficult to find in local stores.
3. Need to sharpen frequently.
4. Can’t survive heavy meal.
ZZM Rating: ♥♥ 3/5 ♥♥