I am a big fan of Korean movies, the only wish I have in my life is to visit South Korea. This wish is on hold because I can’t travel with my baby but definitely one day I will 🙂 Along with Korean movies I am also obsessed with Korean Skin care routine. I am following it from last few weeks & in this post will be sharing with you all. Now doubt that nothing can really prevent aging but you can prolong it by taking care of your skin. No matter you are in 20’s, 30’s, 40’s, 50’s etc but there is no late to take care of your skin. So here are steps you need to follow in Korean Skin Care routine:
1. Double cleanse: In Korean skin care routine you first wash your face with an oil-based cleanser & after that with water based cleanser. With oil-based cleanser you have to massage your face and then you use a bit of water on your fingertips and start rubbing it off. This will remove impurities and dirt from your face. Now you have wash your face with water based cleanser which will remove oil based cleanser & remaining impurities on the face.
2. Toning: Second step is to apply a toner to your face which helps to balance your skin’s pH level again after you’ve washed it and it helps re-hydrate it. I am currently using Jivika Rose water as a toner for myself.
3. Essence: It is the most important step in Korean skin care routine. Essence serves as a dual-purpose because it is “kind of toner and serum hybrid made for hydrating and aiding skin repair and cell turnover.”They’re lightweight but packed with concentrated hydrating, anti-aging, and complexion-enhancing ingredients.
4. Applying Vitamin- C Serum: Next step is to apply Vitamin-C serum. I am currently using Vitamin-C serum from Magic dust brand 🙂 The main purpose of serums is that they are concentrated essences and so more is packed into a drop/squirt than standard creams.
5. Applying eye cream: Once serum is absorbed into skin, next step is to apply an eye cream. It helps in moisturizing for your delicate eye area. Most of the time I skip this step which is really bad 🙁
6. Applying Anti-wrinkle Night Cream: In night never forget to apply Anti-wrinkle Night Cream. As I said earlier nothing can really prevent aging but you can prolong it by taking care of your skin.
7. Applying Sun screen: In day time if you are stepping outside then don’t forget to wear a sunscreen.
8. Exfoliating lips & face: Scrubbing your lips (specially in winters) & face twice in a week is very important. It helps in removing all dry & dead skin from face or face.
9. Applying Sheet mask: Korea is known for its sheet masks. Now you will find several sheet mask brands in Indian market 🙂 They pack your face with moisturizing and hydrating ingredients for 15-20 minutes. Currently I am using Mondsub sheet masks 🙂
These all are the steps which you need to follow in Korean skin care routine. But do remember you have to be careful buying products for your self. Buy only those products which will suit your skin type (don’t copy anyone) & don’t forget to do patch test if you using any product for the first time 🙂