Hi Mommies & Daddies,
Few months back I did a video on “How to prepare formula milk for baby” which is getting a very nice response. Which shows that many parents have doubt regarding the same. That video you can watch on youtube & in today’s post I am sharing same thing for those who love to read rather than watching a video.
Preparing formula is not a difficult task. You will find instruction on the formula milk packet so you have to simply follow them 🙂
1. Wash you hands & pat dry with the help of a towel.
2. In a pan boil some water after and leave it till lukewarm.
3. Now you can use it to make milk or you can also store it in a thermo flask.
4. Take a feeding bottle (make sure that it is sterilized) .
5. In every 30 ml of water take 1 scoop of formula. Say 1 scoop for 30 ml, 2 scoops for 60 ml & so on.
6. Gently twirl the bottle, do not shake it to mix the contents in order to avoid air bubbles.
7. Screw the cap and give the formula milk to your baby 🙂
Only prepare one feed at a time. Feed immediately & follow the instructions exactly. Do not keep unfinished feed, discard the contents. Always hold your baby while feeding. Leaving baby unattended can cause choking. Do not use fewer scoops than directed, since diluted feeding may not provide adequate nutrients needed by your infant. Do ensure that enclosed scoop is thoroughly washed and dried before use. After opening a packet use the contents within 3 weeks or the expiry date, whichever is earlier.
You can also watch video here:
Once you get to know your baby’s feeding habits, you can determine when to burp baby: mid-way through the bottle, at the very end or both.