No doubt that we (girl) all know that how to paint our nails with a nail polish. But applying nail paint is not less than an art. You have to keep few points in mind so that you can apply a nail polish like a pro 🙂
You will need:
- A Nail paint
- A base coat
- A clear top coat
- A cuticle trimmer
- A filer
- An Ear bud
- A nail polish remover
Step By Step Process:
- Before applying a nail paint, you need to do a little preparation. If you’re currently wearing nail polish, take that off with a nail paint remover.
- Push back or trim any excess cuticle. Before trimming your cuticles soak your hands in a little warm water to ease the process.
- Now with a filer file your nails. (make sure that your nails are completely dry, otherwise you could damage them.)
- Apply a base coat before applying a nail paint, it helps in discoloration of nails.
- Now apply first layer of your favorite nail paint. A thick coat of polish can take up to 20 minutes to dry, while a super thin coat can dry within 5-10 minutes.
- Try to leave the tiniest amount of space around the bottom and sides of your nail unpolished. They will look nicer, chip less, and require hardly any cleanup at the end.
- After you have applied a coat of polish, you’ll probably want to keep touching your nails to see if they are dry.
- Touch your polished nails together – if they stick to each other at all, they are not dry yet. If they don’t feel tacky at all, they are dry and ready for another coat. But remember to do this with a light hand, pressing too hard can smudge them.
- Never forget to apply a top coat as it helps in lasting your nail paint really long 🙂
- Finally clean up any nail polish or paint on your skin by dipping a ear bud into nail polish remover.