I was in 9th standard when my first hair turned grey. There are lot of factors which contribute to premature greying of hair like stress and pollution etc. So started applying heena or mehandi to cover my grey color but that in turn made my hair orange in color which I was not liking at all (grrrr).
What you will need:
Henna- 2 tsp
Gooseberry or Amla powder- 2 tsp
Coffee- 1 tsp
1. In an iron skillet or kadai take all the three ingredients.
2. Add some water to make thick paste. After the paste is ready add some more water but don’t mix it, this water will prevent the paste from getting dry.
3. Cover the skillet with the help of a lid in and keep it in a cool place. Let the paste sit for 1 day or at least overnight.
4. Now mix well all the ingredients, we have to make a smooth & lump free paste so add more water if needed.
5. Take a small lock from the top of your head and cover it with this paste.
6. Take another lock nearby and repeat the process with it. Repeat same process to cover complete hair.
7. At the end, you should have a bun on top. Cover it with a shower cap.
8. Leave it for 1- 2 hours. Rinse it off with normal water.
9. Once your hair dries apply some olive oil to it. Next day wash your hair with shampoo.
10. Repeat this once in a month.
1. Always wear gloves to avoid coloring of your hands.
2. Always wear clothe which you can afford dispose off.
3. Do not apply shampoo. I know it is bit messy to take out henna without henna but we have to do it for effective result.