Hello mommies & daddies!
I don’t eat egg but well aware about the nutritional value of it. So when my boy turned 1 Year old, I introduced him eggs in form of omelette. Initially I kept it simple i.e without any veggie, herbs and coriander. Once he started eating simple omelette, I also introduced veggies in it. So you guys can also proceed in the same way. Here is the complete recipe.
What you will need:
- Eggs: 2
- Onion: 1 (small & finely chopped)
- Tomato: 1 (small & finely chopped)
- Capsicum: 1 (small & finely chopped)
- Cheese: Grated (1-2 tsp)
- Butter: 1-2 tsp
- Dried herbs (optional)
- Salt: as per taste
- In a bowl combine the eggs & salt and whisk well with a fork.
- Add the onions, tomatoes, capsicum and mix well. Add only those veggies which your baby can eat.
- Now in a pan heat the butter. Let the butter melt and spread it evenly all around the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture as soon as the butter melts.
- Cook it on a medium flame for about 2-3 minutes.
- Once you see the sides getting cooked (turning golden brown and coming off the pan), flip the mixture to the other side and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Once cooked, sprinkle the cheese. You can also sprinkle the dried herbs if your kid’s like it.
- Fold the omelette into a semi-circle and cook lightly on a low flame for about 30 seconds.
- Now you can serve it with paratha or bread. My baby likes to eat only omelette so you can offer in that way too.
If your kid is small then start giving omelette without adding veggies. Once you baby is Ok with chewing then you can introduce veggies in omelette.
If you are giving egg for the first time, start with minimal as kid can be allergic to it.
Hope your munchkin will enjoy it!