I was in class XII when I decided to learn candle making during my summer vacations. For this I joined hobby classes. The course was of three days. I still remember how excited I was on the first day of my class. On first day our teacher taught us basics of candle making & then she demonstrated us how to make a gel wax candle.
She clearly said one should be very much careful while working with flame. I don’t know how but our room caught fire. May be because of our teacher’s carelessness. This incident made me so scared that I never returned back.
As basics were clear to me so I decided to make candle at home. First one was not that god but after some practice I became master in this. He he he.
i. Some glass jars
ii. Gel wax
iii. Candle wick
iv. Coloring agent
v. Sea shells, beads, ornaments or embellishments etc.
vi. Boiler or pan
1. Initially place a candle wick at the base of the glass. You can use different types of glass jars depending upon your choice.
2. Now put the pencil on the top of the glass jar & roll the wick around the pencil. This will keep your wick at the center on pouring gel wax.
3. Fill the glass jar with sea shells, beads, ornaments or embellishments etc. You can use different thing depending upon your choice. You can see in one of the candles I have used a doll. I got this doll from my old key chain.
4. Now take some gel wax in a pan depending upon the size of the glass. Warm it at very low flame.
5. If you want to give some color to your candle then add a pinch of coloring agent & mix well with the help of a spoon.
6. Be careful while doing so. As I already told you my first day experience of learning gel wax candles.
7. Slowly pour the gel into the glass jar. Please don’t over fill the jar with the gel.
8. Now all the gel wax to cool down so that it can solidifies again.
Isn’t they are cool?