I am crazy for Chracoal based products. Currently I am using Charcoal face wash & Charcoal face mask from brand Mama Earth. You can read review of both the products on my blog. I also keep doing DIY so last Sunday I decided to make Charcoal face mask at home. No doubt it is not my unique idea but I came up with easiest way of making Charcoal Face Mask at home 🙂
But before that you should know the benefits of using Charcoal Face Mask:
- Activated charcoal absorbs the excess oil from the skin, thus unclogging the pores in turn.
- It maintains the pH levels of the skin.
- It helps to remove dirt, grime and dead skin cells from the deeper layers of the skin.
- It helps to reduce the size of the skin pores.
- It helps in dealing with signs of ageing by boosting blood circulation, enhancing collagen and elastin production.
You will need:
- 1 Activated Charcoal Capsule (Can be purchased from a chemist shop).
- 1-2 Tsp Aloe Vera Gel.
- 1 Small Bowl.
- 1 Applicator Brush.
Step By Step Process:
- In a small bowl, empty the contents of one activated charcoal capsule.
- Now add 1-2 tea spoon of Aloe Vera gel.
- Don’t add a lot of Aloe Vera Gel but just enough to create a spreadable paste.
- Mix both the ingredients with the help of a spoon or the applicator brush.
- Now apply this face mask with the help of your fingers or brush, avoiding the areas around your eyes and mouth.
- Now take a chill pill & allow it to dry 😉
- Once it is dry, wash it off with normal water or luke warm water.
- I find Charcoal face mask a bit drying for my skin so post wash I moisturize my face with my favorite moisturizer.
I hope you liked this super easy Face Mask and if you are going to try it, don’t forget to do a patch test 🙂