Hair is one of the most impressive part of a human body, and also it is one vital thing which can be coloured or cut in different styles or tied in different ways to give a total new look to any person! But this change of season or change of place, or pollution, has a great impact on hair health, which if not taken care of properly, looks its beauty with time.
The best feeling is when you run your fingers along the length of hair and it feels smooth and soft, right? So to get that, proper care and steps need to be followed, and one such vital step is applying hair serum. This might seem to be a very negligible part of hair care routine, but trust me, a regular usage of proper hair serum, not only tames your hair or makes it soft, it contributes greatly in improving our hair health!
So here’s a list of top hair serums and the list has been made with the listed pros and cons of each. Also we have tried to keep the list such that the products are in the affordable range.
So here it goes:
- Khadi Natural Herbal Hair Serum
This one has amla, brahmi, bhringraj, shikakai extract and is also SLS and Paraben free. Has nice mild smell and is completely non greasy or heavy. One pump of the serum is good to go for medium length and medium thickness hair!
Price: Rs. 225/- for 50 ml
- Is free of harsh chemicals
- Quite budget friendly
- Adds nice shine to hair and also makes it soft
- Also eases tangles
- Nothing basically
- Trufella Hibiscus and Argan Anti Frizz Serum
This again is 100% organic and chemical free hair serum which has freshly extracted Hibiscus flower and Moroccan Argan Oil which makes your hair smooth. It also contains sunflower oil, jojoba oil, almond oil, rosemary oil and argan oil. This one also has nice mild smell.
Price: Rs. 449/- for 50 ml (mostly available at a discounted price of Rs. 275/-)
- Adds nice lustre to hair
- Greatly controls frizz and tames baby hairs
- Makes hair very much soft
- Most of the times its unavailable L
- Matrix Biolage Smoothing Serum
This serum has avocado, grape seed oil which is a great quick fix for dry hair. Helps ease tangle and also prevents breakage. Gets absorbed into hair well, just removes the dryness of hair greatly.
Price: Rs. 295/- for 100 ml
- Adds nourishment to dry and rough hair
- Reduces breakage and also split ends
- Smoothens out hair
- Not mentiones as SLS, Paraben free
- Fragrance is little on stronger side
4. Biotique Bio Almond and Cashew Fresh Replenishing Serum
Almond being the major ingredient of this serum, this nourishes hair well and is specifically formulated for colour treated hair. This one adds natural shine to hair and also has a mild nice fragrance.
Price: Rs. 159/- for 35
- Harsh chemical free
- Adds shine and also volume to hair
- Non greasy
- Very much budget friendly
- Specifically made for colour treated hair only
- Not suitable for sensitive scalp
5. St. Botanica Moroccan Argan Hair Serum
This serum contains antioxidant-rich USDA organic Moroccan Argan oil along with shine-boosting vitamins which penetrates deep into hair. It effectively controls frizz and can be used as a detangler, heat-protectant, conditioner and finishing aid for all hair types.
Price: Rs. 799/- for 120 ml
- Free from harsh chemicals
- Tames frizz really well, and makes it soft
- Its non-greasy
- Acts as heat protecting layer on hair
- Quite Pricy
- Thick in consistency
So lovelies, it’s time to incorporate hair serum in your regular hair care routine (P.S: apply serum on damp hair after washing it with shampoo for best results). Starting from easing tangle to adding a natural shine and softness, a good hair serum does it all!
About the author: Priyanka is a professional and also a beauty, cosmetic and food enthusiast.