Coconut oil is something which is must have in every Indian house hold. This oil has multiple purpose used which you may or may not aware about. In this post I am sharing 4 ways to use coconut oil for your skin.
1. Eye Wrinkles Serum: Coconut oil has high in antioxidants which helps the skin in maintaining optimum hydration, reduces the depth of existing wrinkles and helps promote a more youthful appearance. A lot of us spend huge amount on eye cream or serum. Coconut is damn budget friendly, you have to dab a touch of coconut oil around the eyes. Do it regularly (daily basis) & it will help in reducing your eye wrinkles.
2. Lip Balm: You can also used coconut oil as a lip balm to treat your dry & chapped lips 🙂 Here is the recipe to make a Coconut lip balm for yourself.
You will need:
- Organic beeswax- 2 tsp
- Organic virgin coconut oil- 4 tsp
- Organic castor oil- 2 tsp
- Organic peppermint essential oil- 15 drops
- Storage container(s)
Step by step process:
- In a pan take a glass of water and bring it to boil.
- Now place a glass bowl on top to make it a double boiler.
- Then add mentioned amount of castor oil, coconut oil and beeswax in the glass, stir constantly, until completely melted.
- Once melted, add the Peppermint essential oil and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in the lip balm containers and fill them to the top.
- Now allow it too cool down for one or two hours until the wax starts to harden.
- Voila! Your lip balm is ready to use
3. Make-up Remover: Because of its detergent effect Coconut Oil, it works well as a makeup remover. Dab some coconut oil in a cotton & rub it gently onto the upper & lower eye lids in a circular motion. Then cleanse off your face with a gentle face wash.
4. Stretch Marks Reducer: Having stretch marks on abdomen, breasts, buttocks, thighs, upper arms and even around your knees are pretty common. Specially post pregnancy a woman can have a lot stretch marks. Coconut oil can help in fading dark discoloration and redness plus it hydrates the skin and allows it heal more quickly. Moreover using it is completely safe & rarely one can face a side effect. So apply it regularly on affected area.
* You can also use coconut oil to treat a baby’s diaper rash.