1. Share your struggles: You may feel tired, angry, frustrated, confused, sleepless etc in the initial few months of motherhood. Do share this with your mum, husband, friends etc.. Expressing your feelings definitely brings relaxation.
2. Enjoy every phase: Just remember time doesn’t remain the same. It passes by very fast, one day you will wake up and realize that your baby is all grown up. So enjoy every phase of your life.
3. Remember post-partum blues are real. You may feel down in the dumps or struggle to become your self again after delivery. Remember your kids will need your time & care. I remember my stitches were paining like hell & but still I need to handle him, forgetting about my pain. Just remember there is not a better position or role on this earth then being a Mother. I left my job but do not regret because I know job can wait baby can’t.
4. Don’t hesitate in taking help: Handling baby is not an easy task, so don’t hesitate in taking help of your mom, mother-in-law, friends etc. They will definitely make your work easier. Maid can also be an option.
6. Take out some “Me” time: First 6 months I lived at my parents place. Whenever I felt like that I am tired or exhausted I asked my mom to handle my baby so that I can pamper myself. I may sound selfish but believe me I am not.
7. Cry hard: I know you may be thinking “How crying will help”. But believe me it works.
8. Start making a scrap book: From the very first day I am clicking my baby’s picture & pasting it on scrapbook. I love looking back every month and get amazed at how fast my cup cake is growing.
9. Nap when baby naps: I know it’s bit difficult but as a new mom you have to be expert in this. Lol.. Try to take nap when your baby is doing the same. Otherwise you will end up with making yourself as Zombie like creature.
10: Join a Mom’s group: You can join various mom’s group on Face book, believe me it will help you a lot. You can learn from experience of other moms or even can get help from them.
11. Talk to your baby: From the very beginning I talk to my boy. I know he can’t answer me at this age but his smile is sufficient enough to make me happy in spite of this difficult phase of life.
12. Do look at your baby face while sleeping: Believe me a sleeping baby looks like an angel. His/her a single glance will definitely make you forget you pain or anger or frustration. You should never forget to adore your little angel while sleeping.