Hi Mommies & Daddies,
During pregnancy nutrients are transferred from mommy to baby via Umbilical cord. Post delivery your baby has a purplish-blue stump which is around a half inch to an inch long. It generally takes 1 or 2 weeks to this stump for drying and falling off. During this period (1 to 2 weeks) you have to take care of it. In this post I am sharing few things which you have do to take care of it 🙂
- Soak a Q-tip in the warm water and squeeze away to take out excess water.
- Use the Q-tip to gently wipe around the belly button, removing any residue.
- Be gentle while doing this.
- Use a clean towel to pat the area dry.
- My doctor also gave a medicinal powder to sprinkle on it. I am not mentioning it’s name (I think I should not.) So if your doctor also suggests then you can also go for it 🙂
You have to do it once in a day until the cord falls off. In case you have any doubt do consult your doctor 🙂
Remember on thing that your baby’s cord is still attached, do not submerge him or her in water for bath time. It is always safe to go for sponge bath.