During pregnancy people will tell you a lot of thing. Some may make sense & some may sound stupid. Unfortunately no one talks about the most difficult part of the pregnancy. Yes! I am talking about labor. No one one will be giving you idea about the things you actually gonna face on delivery day 🙂 In this post I am sharing few such things which you may face on that day.
1. For some labour can be really long & for some it is fast: On an average a woman dilates around 1 cm an hour. But this can be fast in some cases & in some cases it can be really long. I have a cousin who has delivered 3 kids & for all of them her delivery was so fast that even doctor was surprised (he he). On the other hand it can be really long for some women.
2. You may poop: Now this can be a bit embarrassing for you but believe me it is actually not. As the baby makes its way down the birth canal any stool in the bowels will make its way down into the rectum. Being so close in proximity it is obvious that when bearing down to push the baby out, you may also be pushing out a poop.
3. You may puke: Like pooping, vomiting too is natural while labour. With birthing comes a big surge of adrenaline and this can cause you to feel nauseous and even vomit.
4. You may feel hungry: It involves high expenditure of energy to deliver a baby. Which can leave you pretty hungry afterwards. Make sure you bring in some extra snacks to satisfy your hunger. This is the reason that stuff made up in Ghee is given to a new mom.
5. Brain may stop working: Now don’t take it as that brain will become dead 😉 but during labour I felt that I am not able to understand anything. My nurse was motivating me & I was like “Please stop talking I am unable to understand”. Once I felt like that only her lips are moving & no voice coming out 🙁
6. If your water doesn’t break on its own, a doctor breaks it for you. There is nothing to fear as it doesn’t hurt but do feel a bit uncomfortable. You will definitely feel that liquid thingy coming out.
7. They will give a cut down there: This was the biggest surprise for me. If you have a normal delivery with episiotomy then your doctor will give a cuts on your perineum to help get the baby out.
8: You will bleed like hell: Don’t hate me for saying this but it is a obvious thing. Beside that heavy maternity pad you may stain your clothes or bed sheet.
* I am not an expert and these points are as per my or my friends & cousin experience.