Hi Mommies & Daddies,
In India new mommies generally do not take Delivery & Labour class which is pretty common is other countries. So I thought to share some points or signs which give you indication that you labour is approaching soon. However labour can happen anytime and you can not say surely until it happens. Still there are few signs which indicates that labour is approaching 🙂
1. You have a gut feeling that labor is starting soon: Now you may find it strange but it actually happens. As per my Gyne these was time but I had a strong feeling that my baby gonna arrive soon. Bingo! He did 😉
2. Braxton Hicks contractions: Braxton Hicks contractions are actually sign that soon you will experience real one. I started experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions few weeks before labor pain. Believe me they are damn unpredictable but not that much painful (Aiyaaa!!! Labour pain) . My mom said when they become more frequent & stronger it means soon your labour pain will start.
3. Change in energy Level of to be mom: I was fully charge during those days, everybody was like “Itni energy 😉 . I was in pain (Braxton Hicks) but was extremely energetic, but on the other hand a lot women feels low energy level or sleepy. However it is not a full proof sign that you are in labour soon.
4. Brown or Pink Discharge: When cervix dilates you could have some bleeding which results in brown or pink color discharge. So this Brown or Pink color discharge can be indication that you can be in labour soon.
5. Baby feels in Pelvis: You will start feeling that baby has dropped lower in your Pelvis. This feeling is difficult to explain but you will automatically start feeling when baby starts getting into position.
6. Your cervix dilates: Your cervix starts to dilate (open) and efface (thin out) in the days or weeks before you deliver. You will get to know about it through your weekly checkups.